Through the 1950s the hall interior was decorated with stuffed animal heads shot by the 'Salmon' family during their safaris, a far cry from today’s more conservative tastes! It wasn't until the mid 1960s that flush toilets were added when a mains sewerage system was linked to the hall. This came with work to create a new entrance door, reception area and corridor to the side of the main hall, creating access to the new toilets.

In 1977 the Silver Jubilee was marked with the addition of a side room extension to the main hall which was named the Jubilee Room. This gave much needed extra space to the main hall area.


"At last we have a Parish Hall, the want of which has been felt for many years." With these words the Vicar of Olveston the Rev J E Vernon began his description, in the Parish Magazine, of the opening of the Parish Hall in Tockington by her Grace the Duchess of Beaufort on October 31st 1901. The Duchess was presented with a bouquet of violets and lilies of the valley by Capt Henry Pomeroy and Mrs Salmon's infant daughter - whom many of us in later life would recognise as Robin Bush's mother.


public events coming soon