After serving the community well for over a hundred years the hall was in need of a complete refurbishment, building and repairs. This was major work both to plan and to finance. In 2011 the Parish hall had a new build extension and total refurbishment - inside and out. Nothing escaped the builders and decorators - from a purpose built extension to house the ever popular pre-school group to the new look ladies loos. It is now 'fit for purpose'. The regeneration of the hall took several years to plan and a year for the work to be done. It was formally opened in May 2011 by MP Steve Webb and the Reverend Roly Bain.


"At last we have a Parish Hall, the want of which has been felt for many years." With these words the Vicar of Olveston the Rev J E Vernon began his description, in the Parish Magazine, of the opening of the Parish Hall in Tockington by her Grace the Duchess of Beaufort on October 31st 1901. The Duchess was presented with a bouquet of violets and lilies of the valley by Capt Henry Pomeroy and Mrs Salmon's infant daughter - whom many of us in later life would recognise as Robin Bush's mother.


public events coming soon